Are you thinking about having your air ducts professionally cleaned, but you aren’t sure which season is the best season or most ideal season for air duct cleaning? While air duct cleaning can be done all year round, there are various advantages and disadvantages to having your air ducts cleaned during each season of the year. Here is our input on doing duct cleaning during each season and on which season is the best one to clean your air ducts: What Is the Best Season for Air Duct Cleaning?
Air Duct Cleaning in Fall
The most significant advantage of cleaning your air ducts in the fall is that it prepares your HVAC system for winter. Fall is a relatively mild season in Minnesota, so your HVAC system or furnace generally aren’t in constant use. This can result in dust building up in your air ducts since they’re hardly in use during the fall months, and then you may notice unpleasant burning odors or other types of smells when you DO turn your furnace on, as well as significant dust, dirt, and dander accumulations circulating around your home when you turn it on close to winter.
Benefits of duct cleaning in fall:
- Help your furnace to function more efficiently in winter.
- To avoid a burning odor, rid your furnace of dust, dander, and debris.
- Before you have to spend most of your time indoors, it’s good to clear away the dust and debris in your home.
Air Duct Cleaning in Winter
Your furnace is in constant use during the winter in order to keep your home warm all winter long. As a result, your furnace ends up working overtime. Because of the reduced circulation and the increased time spent indoors during the winter, you will most certainly notice more dust and other types of debris in your home.
Benefits of duct cleaning in winter:
- Keeping your HVAC system free of dust and allergens will help you get through flu season.
- Your air will be able to flow more freely through your air ducts.
- While you’re spending most of your time indoors, your furnace blower fan won’t be cycling dust around your home.
Air Duct Cleaning in Spring
Spring is also a good time to clean your air ducts for a variety of different reasons. Spring heralds in the season for cleaning, and many homeowners are antsy to get the accumulations of dust, allergens, dirt, dander, and other debris that has accumulated in their homes during winter out of their homes in spring. Moreover, the weather in spring also tends to be milder, so you can easily turn your HVAC system off for a while in order to allow for your air ducts to be properly cleaned before summer.
Benefits of duct cleaning in spring:
- It helps to provide a thorough cleaning of your home, including the removal of dust, dirt, dander, allergens, etc.
- A-coil is dust-free and clean in your furnace.
- As summer approaches, it will assist you in keeping your system efficient and your utility expenditures low.
Air Duct Cleaning in Summer
Summer is also a good time to consider cleaning your ducts. During summer, air conditioners are used more frequently, particularly during hot and humid Minnesota summer days. Dust builds up faster than usual on your nightstands and countertops because the air is almost continually running in your home. At Clean Air Restoration, we also offer HVAC cleaning services in addition to duct cleaning services. By utilizing our services, your HVAC system will work more efficiently and it will help to minimize your utility bills in summer as well.
Benefits of duct cleaning in summer:
- The efficiency of your air conditioner will be significantly improved.
- Your whole HVAC system will be clean.
With all things considered, spring and fall are generally considered to be the best seasons to clean your air ducts due to the fact that they are the in-between seasons and the times of the year when your HVAC system isn’t in constant use. Moreover, the temperatures during spring and fall tend to be milder, and cleaning your air ducts during those seasons will help to prepare your home for the upcoming summer and winter.
If you’re in need of any HVAC cleaning, restoration, or removal services, then don’t hesitate to contact your local air duct cleaners in Arden Hills MN at Clean Air Restoration today!