Molds are fungi that can grow indoors and outdoors, typically in moist, warm, and humid conditions. Household molds are most commonly found in bathrooms, basements, carpeting, wallpaper, drywall, ceiling tiles, underneath sinks, and around plumbing lines. However, many people are oftentimes unaware they even have a mold problem because they are unsure about what to check for. Here are a few tell-tale signs that your home may be infested with mold: Mold Removal St Paul MN
Strange or Musty Odors
One of the biggest giveaways that your home has mold growth is when you notice a musty odor. The stronger the odor, the more likely there’s significant mold growth in your home that needs to be remediated. Molds do not all emit an odor, but many types of mold do. Mold is mostly present in your home if you notice a persistent musty odor.
Persistent Cold-Like Symptoms
Exposure to mold can make some people exhibit cold-like symptoms. Mold that grows inside of your home can begin to have an effect on the health of those who are exposed to it. Mold exposure can cause some people to have itchy and/or watery eyes, a runny/blocked nose, sneezing, a sore throat, headaches, and/or respiratory problems. That persistent cold you can’t seem to get rid of could be a warning sign of an underlying mold problem in your home. Try to see if your symptoms seem to intensify after spending time in a specific room or area of your home in order to determine where the mold may be growing.
Discolored, Cracking or Peeling Walls
While some discoloration and/or wear and tear is unavoidable when it comes to wallpaper and paint, unusual peeling or surface abnormalities such as bubbling or cracking can indicate the presence of moisture inside of the wall. And moisture is one of the main ingredients for mold growth. Keep an eye on your walls and pay close attention to any areas that appear moist and/or warped. If you notice any water stains, discoloration on your walls, floors, or ceilings, or bubbling, cracking, or peeling paint or wallpaper, then you most likely have a mold growth problem on your hands.
If you suspect that your home may have a mold problem, then you should contact your local mold removal company in St Paul MN, Clean Air Restoration, as soon as possible.