Is Mold Dangerous

Have you discovered mold growing inside of your house? Are you concerned about the potential effects of the mold growing in your home and how it may affect you and/or your loved ones? Indoor mold growth is not uncommon, and there are many factors that can result in mold growing in your home. However, how much of an effect can mold have on your home? And is mold exposure potentially harmful? Here is some information regarding mold growth and whether or not it poses potential danger:

How does mold get inside of your home and start growing in your home?

Open doorways, windows, vents, and HVAC systems can all allow mold to infiltrate your home. Mold in the air can stick to clothing, shoes, and pets, which can then be transported into your home. Mold grows in areas where there is excessive and/or persistent moisture, such as when leaking occurs in roofs, pipes, walls, plant pots, or in the aftermath of a flood.

Mold thrives in many different types of building materials as well because they supply the right substance for mold to grow. Wet cellulose materials, paper, cardboard, ceiling tiles, wood and wood products are especially susceptible to mold growth. Mold can grow in a variety of materials, including dust, paints, wallpaper, insulation, drywall, carpet, fabric, and upholstery.

What are the sources of mold growth in your home?

Identifying and controlling moisture and water issues is crucial for preventing mold growth. Mold spores can grow on any surface with enough moisture, including your own house.

Moisture can be found in many places, including:

  • Leaky roof
  • Crawlspaces and basements that are wet
  • Water leaks in the home
  • Drainage issues in the yard
  • Bathrooms and kitchens
  • A clothes dryer venting indoors dries wet garments inside the house
  • Humidifiers
  • Heating and cooking appliances with poor or incorrect ventilation

Can mold be harmful?

Damp and moldy areas can cause a variety of health issues for some people, as mold sensitivity affects some people. Mold exposure can cause symptoms such as a stuffy nose, wheezing, and red or itchy eyes or skin for those who are more sensitive to it. Some people, such as those with mold allergies or asthma, may experience more severe reactions as well. People who are exposed to excessive concentrations of mold in occupational situations may experience severe reactions, such as fever and loss of breath.

If you’re in need of any HVAC cleaning, restoration, or removal services, then don’t hesitate to contact your local mold remediation company in Fridley MN, Clean Air Restoration, today!

Our Services:

Air Duct Cleaning | Dryer Vent Cleaning | Clean Air Continued Care | Water Damage Restoration | Mold Remediation | Fire Damage Reconstruction | Sewage Removal Services | Additional Services

Our Service Locations:

New Brighton | Blaine | St Paul | Shoreview | Minnetonka | Deephaven | Woodland | Mendota Heights | Coon Rapids | North Oaks | Stillwater | Hopkins | Plymouth | Eden Prairie | Chanhassen | Inver Grove Heights | Little Canada | Woodbury | Vadnais Heights | Champlain | Minnesota

Is Mold Dangerous

Is Mold Dangerous

Is Mold Dangerous